The charity always likes to keep one step ahead and we need to plan for future expansion needs.

If you would like to make a donation to the charitable trust, please fill in the form from this web page and return it with your donation to:

“The Barbara and Philip Denny Charitable Trust” Registered N°. 1130744
and send to:

Terry O’Neill 34 South Vale London SE19 3BA.

Together with your unstinting and generous support we will be able to continue supporting aspiring writers, illustrators and historians for many years to come in Barbara and Philips memory.

Gift Aid

As many of you will already know, if you are a tax payer, we can claim an extra 25p for each £1 you give. Gift Aid is a scheme that allows any charity to claim a refund of tax the donor has paid on the money donated.

You must have paid, or will have paid, sufficient tax to cover your donation and that tax can be on income, investments, or on Savings and Building Society accounts or on capital gains. The completed form, printed here is required by the Inland Revenue as your declaration that you wish the charity to recover tax. So if you would like the charity to benefit in this way, please complete the form and return to us when making a donation to the charity. A form will also be supplied with future renewal forms.

1. If your declaration covers donations you make in the future:
Please notify the charity if you change your name or address while the declaration is still in force. You can cancel the declaration at any time by notifying the charity – it will then not apply to donations you make on or after the date of cancellation or such later date as you specify.

2. You must pay an amount of income tax and/or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax that the charity reclaims on your donations in the tax year (currently 25p for each £1 you give).

3. If in the future your circumstances change and you no longer pay tax on your income and capital gains equal to the tax that the charity reclaims, you can cancel your declaration (see note 1).

4. If you pay tax at a higher rate you can claim extra tax relief in your Self Assessment return.

5. If you are unsure whether your donation qualifies for tax relief, please ask the charity. Or you can ask your local tax office for the leaflet IR113 Gift Aid.

Download the Gift Aid Form

Thank you for supporting the Barbara and Philip Denny Charitable Trust

Download Files